There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Embers Igniting is a literature and fine art magazine publishing real, relevant, radical writing and art.
What's in it for you:
**We provide detailed feedback for ALL submissions. Serious writers and artists want to grow, and we want to help them.**
While we'd love to be able to pay our contributors, Embers Igniting is currently a non-paying market.
Our publication lives primarily online, but contributors will be given the opportunity to purchase print copies for themselves and loved ones.
For all submissions:
- You may submit up to five pieces in each category, but you should submit them together. E.g., If you want to submit multiple poems, fill out the poetry form, and then attach all of your poetry files to that one form. Please note that we do consider each piece on an individual basis. NOTE: Any submissions received
after the max of five per category will be promptly deleted.
- Strip your name from ALL pages and file names. We use a blind reading process. Your name should not appear anywhere on your work.
- Every piece must have a title and “Untitled” is not an acceptable title.
- The file name of each piece should be the piece's full
title. That's it.
- Do not send pieces that are under consideration for publication elsewhere or that have been previously published. We are unable to accept previously published work or work that is currently under consideration by other publications.
- Specific types of pieces that by nature demand a certain formatting (e.g., screenplays, play scripts, etc.) should follow the standard formatting accepted for that genre.